Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On An Off Note... (1st)

All I ever talk about on the blog is the writing. It's fun and great and everything, but sometimes, I just don't want to talk about writing. Not to mention, if it weren't for the things that happen every day, I would have nothing to write about to begin with. I wouldn't have two finished (but not polished) novels, or dozens of others started. So, I'm starting a post called "On An Off Note"

It's not something I'm really planning for posts, but I've decided whenever I have something I find interesting to fill some space, I'm going to share it. You can completely ignore these posts if you want. (Although, I would be thrilled if you didn't ignore them...)

So, today I want to share something with you fantastic readers. This week was the first time I had wine.

Let me say, first of all, I have always wanted to try wine (and while I know champaigne is a type of wine, I don't count that). The way I saw it, the people who drank wine were classy, sophisticated, and grand. I wanted to be like that. Of course, that was some time ago. These days (being legal drinking age, and all) I realize there is a wine for everyone. Sure it may not be the highest quality, but nonetheless. So, we picked up some merlot to go with our dinner and that was that.

Now, for those of you who have never had wine before, I don't suggest you start off with something as robust as Merlot. WOW. And don't drink it too fast. It doesn't sound good when you say you got trashed on wine.

All in all, I think I will continue with the wine. I'll keep trying different types, and all that. So, that's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. My brother is a kind of connoisseur of wine and he always tells me that it enhances the taste of your dinner. Hope you enjoyed it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love getting them.