Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Announcing a blogfest!

I really miss doing blogfests, but I can't seem to find any going on in the blogosphere right now. So, I was thinking to myself today, if you can't find any, you should start one! Yay! I'm doing a blogfest!

I'm a little excited about this, in case you couldn't tell. I got the idea today from the boyfriend. He stepped on the puppy's foot and said that he was just giving it to her in advance for all the times she'll do it to him once she's grown up.

So, what's it going to be this time, Haley Jo?

Here it is: Introducing the

Pay-it-forward Blogfest!

Now, for the details.

You have until February 23rd to post a scene (either from scratch or something you already wrote) to your blog that deals with paying it forward. How your characters do so (good or bad) is up to you. I'm looking forward to some really interesting entries here. When the day of the blogfest arrives, everyone on the list will go around and read all the scenes and tell everyone how awesome they did! Sounds like fun, right? I think so.

So, if you would like to join in on the "Pay-it-forward Blogfest" all you have to do is fill out the little form at the bottom. If you would like, you can also spread the word by tweeting about the blogfest and where people can join, or even posting about it on your blog with a link to here!

Good luck, everyone. I can't wait to read your posts!






7 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I feel bad for even suggesting this... but is there a way the date can be moved back a couple of days at least? It's tough to have a blogfest on short notice and there are at least 6 during the first two weeks of February, 2 of which are on the 14th. Doing it a little later will allow for more people to consider entering as there is more time to promote the blogfest as well. Just something to consider.

    It really is a great idea for a blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing after I posted it. I'm going to push it to Feb. 23. Hopefully that will work a little better. I will go and edit the post to reflect. Thanks Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am off of blogfests for a while but I put a link up on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I correctly post my entry? This is all soooo new to me. My daughter (Erin Kane Spock/Courtly Pleasures) is walking me through the process. If I screwed my entry up, let me know. Otherwise, I love your work! Excellent. Susan Kane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan- If you want to join, just put your name in the first box above, and copy and paste the URL of the blog you will post from into the second box. That will probably be the easiest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love getting them.