Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Review of Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


ParanormalcyFrom the book:

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie's always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may bery well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.


My Thoughts:

OMG I loved this book. Mrs. White's idea was unbelievably original and Evie is super awesome. I loved her wit and her fashion sense and her friends. All amazing. The story is so well written, I actually believe the IPCA could exist!

I went in this story with low expectations. Sure, I had heard reviews, but I guess I was expecting it to be just like every other book with vampires, werewolves and whatever else. Totally and absolutely wrong! Evie is the perfect story teller. She is so witty and innocent. What she sees and how she sees it is amazing. I love that she vies for a life that we find mundane while the world we wish existed is her idea of boring. Its fantastic.

I loved loved loved Lend. He is just so perfect for Evie and his cryptic speak and all that. Loved him. And then there was Reth. The way he is described is great, and the way the whole faerie race was fantastic, but I just couldn't help being a little wary of him. Of course, I think that was the idea. ;)

Rating: PG. It's a great YA novel, perfect for any young adult of any age. Of course, there were a few violent parts, but very tastefully done.

Recommended for: Anyone that loves the fantasy genre and would like something fresh and different.

Not Recommended for: Someone against violence (even the kind that isn't real)

Stars: 5/5 (Oh bleep!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review and especially the rating...PG is right up my kids alley for her age. She loves fantasy and I think I'll check it out.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love getting them.