Sunday, January 23, 2011

Comfort Reading List

As a writer, I am always looking for something to give me inspiration. To say I read a lot would be an understatement. It drives the boyfriend crazy how much I read because, in his mind, I could be doing something more productive. The thing is, I really don't spend that much time reading a book. I read fast, and if I can't get into a book, I struggle to get through it. Sometimes, I won't finish it at all.

Throughout my life, there have been a few books that have stuck with me. Granted, if I buy and like a book, I'll never get rid of it. If the house burnt down, I'd probably go with it just trying to get my collection out. But, the ones I really, really love join my comfort reading list. They're the books that I've read a dozen times and will read again in two weeks when I've made it through my rotation and the others that have been suggested to me.

I know I'm not alone in this. Tons of people have those books that they just love to read, although, I'm not exactly sure they've put a name to those books. Hell, I can't even be sure that anyone has a list as long as mine... I guess we'll be finding out though, because I'm about to tell you what's on my list. :)

This is seriously only a small part of the collection of books that I own, but these are the few that I can't seem to go more than a month without. If you want to leave me a comment and tell me what's on yours, or even suggest something you think I would like, that would be awesome. I never pass up an opportunity to try something new.

So, without further ado, here is my Comfort Reading List (in no particular order):

Harry Potter Year 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 by J.K. Rowling
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King
Thinner by Stephen King
Strangers by Dean Koontz
A Child Called "It" by Dave Pelzer
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
The House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Twilight and Breaking Dawn by Stephany Meyer
Dracula by Bram Stoker

Yeah, so its a lot of books... Looking at the list, I can kinda understand why the boyfriend is upset when he sees me reading, but they really don't take me long to read. Not to mention, I skim through a few spots I don't like on a couple of them. *smacks hands* (Shame on me...)

So, again, I invite you to share your list of books you love to read over and over again. Maybe, like me, you read them for inspiration, or because they make you feel good, or maybe you have another reason to read them until they fall apart. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love getting them.