Sunday, March 6, 2011

Impatiently Yours

I have no patience whatsoever. It has always been a problem when searching for a lost item, trying a new exercise routine, going on vacation, and in my writing. I guess I should probably include reading in that too. If I couldn't get into a book by the first few chapters, I didn't read it, and if I did, I wouldn't sit it down til I finished it.

My writing, has been one of my biggest sources of impatience though. When I start a book, I immediately want it to be finished. So much so, NaNoWriMo is perfect for me. It allows me to write that book in a month. I actually save most of my story writing for November now.

Even with the editing, I want it to be done and over with as soon as I start. Not that I don't enjoy doing the editing. I know that dreading of editing is shared by a lot of writers.

Sadly, there is one process I just can't hurry along no matter how much I want to. Getting a book published takes so much time! Find the agent, agent finds the publisher, editor takes apart your story that you feel is about perfect at this point, they cut you a deal, release date is months in the future, book signings, deals, blah blah blah... so much time! Its things like these that make me appreciate the self publishing route because it happens right now.

So, heres my big question. How do you deal with all the waiting that is involved with writing?

2 comments:

  1. I just keep writing. It helps me keep my mind off the waiting.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the best thing: just keep writing. More writing leads to a lot of good things.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love getting them.